What is Sapphire FUE?
It’s not a hair transplant method by itself, the only deferent between classic FUE and Sapphire FUE is the blade used in the opening channel phase instead of using a metal Medical scalpel the doctor uses sapphire blade, the advantages of this blade are:
- The reduces of vibration during the incision comparing with the classical FUE. This helps to keep the complications like trauma, tissue damage at a minimum level.
- Sapphire FUE allows to transplant hair root with more density. It provides successful results even for the people who have advanced level hair loss.
- It lets the patient have an easier recovery period.
- Since the sapphire blades allow to open microchannels, the risks of follicles to move or to change their angles are removed.
- When the sapphire FUE operation is evaluated by the equipment used and the results obtained, it provides a high-quality perfection.
The procedure always starts with local Anesthesia and in some cases the patients prefer sedation before local Anesthesia, then extracting the grafts from the donor area using a micromotor taking the hair bulbs one bay one then the grafts get preserved in hypothermosol.
In this phase, the doctor will use a sapphire blade to open the channels in the treatment area instead of a normal medical blade like you see in the picture the difference between both blades results.
After opening the channels using sapphire blade the doctor starts to implant the grafts in the treatment area one bay one the operation will take from 04 to 08 hours depending on the number of grafts taking and needed.
for more information please don’t hesitate to contact us lets get your hair back with sapphire FUE.
By Tarek Balkacemi
For more information visit Arabist Group Medical Section.